We are looking to appoint a Communications Assistant to join our team. Due to the expansion of the business, this new role will support our delivery teams to further enhance and implement our marketing plans. This is a full time position and will be based at our Pencoed office.
Reporting to the Marketing Executive, the role will be key in developing our social media presence and celebrating the diverse range of support programmes we provide businesses.
A little bit about us...
Established in 2004, BIC is a dynamic outcome driven consultancy specialising in innovation and growth services. We have offices throughout Wales and work with both international and UK based clients.
Our areas of focus are in research and development, innovation, manufacturing processes, internationalisation, export, finance and business planning; we use our deep functional expertise and sector knowledge, coupled with our strong relationships with the public sector and industry to grow sustainable businesses. We work across multiple industries including the food and drink, manufacturing, healthcare and life science sectors.
More about the role
The role is required to strengthen the current marketing provision by supporting our team to develop content and deliver marketing objectives across all projects. By providing insights and knowledge on new technologies and media techniques, the role will in turn improve our current marketing strategies.
What you will be doing
- Assisting with the organisation of events, including promotion, managing booking systems, pre-event admin and post event feedback.
- Working with the Marketing team to draft creative written content for marketing materials, PR, websites and blogs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key editors, journalists and other stakeholders.
- To monitor and distribute press coverage and to maintain an archive as well as a digital image library.
- Monitor and evaluate key insights and trends from CRM, Websites, Social Media and feedback to team in insightful reports.
- Provide research support as required for specific projects
- Arranging and conducting interviews with clients and key stakeholders in order to develop engaging content such as case studies and success stories.
- You’ll liaise with the CRM team to ensure that the system is being utilised at its optimum level.
- You will undertake general marketing tasks, such as creating and managing templates in accordance to brand guidelines, manage and distribute email campaigns to mailing lists, preparing promotional presentations and handling translation and printing needs.
- Working with the marketing team you will develop and create content for social media platforms across all projects
Who you are
- You are a natural story teller with the proven ability to simplify complex stories to key messaging.
- You have experience of using a wide range of ICT skills, including Microsoft, CRM systems and other platforms such as Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey and Webinar platforms
- You will be educated to a degree standard or equivalent in related subjects such as business, marketing, journalism, media, or posses relevant industry experience
- You are able to demonstrate some experience in coordinating projects which have clear project objectives.
- You are able to handle a number of tasks simultaneously and are effective at managing your workload
- You are confident in dealing with a number of stakeholders from varying backgrounds
- You are a strong communicator and are able to correspond in both English and Welsh
- You have a full driving license and have access to your own vehicle
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company sick pay
- Great social events with bi-annual company away day
- You will be able to purchase shares within the Company as part of the Employee Shares initiative
Does this sound like you? Then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can’t wait to meet you!