Join our team! We are looking for a Project Administrator
Join our team! Project Administrator
We are regarded as market leading business consultants carrying out a range of support programmes throughout Wales. With offices on Anglesey, Aberystwyth and Bridgend, part of our remit is delivering business growth and innovation projects on behalf of Welsh Government and other public bodies. We are looking to appoint a Project Administrator, which is a new role, to support our delivery team as part of the Future Foods Programme.
Reporting to the Project Director and working as part of the project team, the Project Administrator will play a key role in the delivery of day to day operational activities to achieve project outcomes. We are looking for a self-motivated, organised individual with excellent communication skills and a proven track record as an effective team player.
About the project
The Future Foods Programme is an ambitious programme and is designed to deliver world class expertise in food science, technology, nutrition, research and development to forward thinking Welsh-based food businesses seeking to develop healthy, market-creating products targeted at UK and international markets. The programme will provide a key pathway to stimulate engagement in R&D and deliver practical and focused academic, technical and commercial support for company-led R&D projects right through to market launch, stimulating commercial investment in food R&D.
Funded via ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) with match funding from Welsh Government, the programme will run for 3 years and is delivered in collaboration with Aberystwyth University.
The role is a part time (18.75 hrs/week) and based at BIC Innovation’s office at the Menai Science Park, Gaerwen, Anglesey. We are flexible on how these hours are worked, but ideally over a 3-day period within the working week would be preferable. This is a fixed term position for 3 years.
What you will do
- You will liaise with members of the Project Team to ensure that arrangements for meetings, workshops and events are appropriate and that any required facilities are suitable.
- You will operate as a key member of a dynamic and busy office environment and contributing positively to effective teamwork.
- You will work directly with project beneficiaries throughout the convergence area to collate key data on Research & Development activity.
- You will be responsible for inputting, monitoring and updating project management documentation.
- You will carry out all general administration duties on behalf of the Programme including printing, photocopying, creation and collation of project materials and documents.
Who you are
- You ideally will have previous experience of working on European funded programmes.
- You will have experience of working on project administration roles previously.
- You have the ability to manage conflicting priorities and workload, and to complete tasks and achieve multiple deadlines under pressure.
- You have excellent IT skills in MS Office, with competency and experience in using Microsoft Excel software.
- You have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to work efficiently and professionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be a confident communicator in both Welsh and English.
- You would ideally have a qualification in project administration.
- You have a full driving license as you will be required to travel from time to time.
- You will be available to travel to throughout the convergence area (West Wales and the Valleys) periodically to attend various stakeholder events and client meetings.
What you will get in return
- Salary of £20,000 pro rata (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (this will be pro rata amount for this role)
- 3 year fixed term contract
- Pension Scheme
- An opportunity to purchase shares in the business (terms and conditions apply)
To download a copy of the Job Advert, please click here: Project Administrator
If this role sounds like you, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can’t wait to hear from you!
**** CLOSING DATE– 06.07.2018*****